Custom Cable Assemblies
Data Cable is a world class manufacturer of custom cable assemblies, wire harnessing and electro-mechanical assemblies for a widely diverse group of industries. Medical, military, industrial automation, satellite technology and more.
For over 30 years Data Cable has enjoyed sustainable growth and success. We value the excellent reputation we've earned for quality, competitive pricing and customer service.
- A cable is a combination of drawn metal conductors, covered in an insulator, bundled together in a broad variety of fashions or combinations, and then covered in an extruded jacket.
- A cable assembly uses cable as one of its components. The cable is cut to a specific length and terminated at each end according to applications requirements.
Custom cable assemblies can be made with cable that is available "off the shelf", as a standard or catalog component in the assembly. There are several Canadian cable manufacturers that make standard catalog cables, for sale through distribution channels, or direct to cable assembly operations such as Data Cable. There are Canadian companies and divisions of large US or Multi-national cable distribution companies also stock and handle cable made all over the globe.
There are also applications that require custom cable to be manufactured to a special specification. Custom requirements arise due to:
- Unique Application - Cable with multiple conductor sizes, different pairing configurations, shielding of individual elements or overall shields of various types.
- Environmental Conditions - Heat, cold, sunlight, oil or water immersion.
- Regulatory Factors - Approvals, listings, voltage or current carrying capacity.
Here in Canada, there are custom cable manufacturers that will provide cable, made to a special specification, in runs as short as 100 meters.
At Data Cable, we work with many different processes and connector companies to produce a very wide variety of finished assemblies. All of the cable assemblies we make for OEMS are all custom, regardless if the cable in the assembly is an ‘off the shelf’ catalog item or custom made. Each assembly part number is unique to the application of our customer and even similar assemblies vary with length, terminations, etc.
Let's talk bout your interconnect challenges – we’re confident we can help you find a solution.