Why You Want to Work at Data Cable
Posted on Thu, Oct 18, 2018
The employment landscape has changed over the years. And thankfully, both job seekers and employers have recognized this and adapted.
A few things that haven’t changed are the desire for roles that offer work-life-balance, personal growth, stability, security and minimal commuting time.
For many, working locally would have a tremendous positive impact on their life. The time, stress and frustration saved by not commuting 2-3 hours a day round-trip, are enormous. Even better, working locally may allow for walking or biking to work, which means starting and ending a work day with fresh air and exercise!
Data Cable believes in hiring locally. Over the years we have steadily built our amazing team of committed people who live in and around Orangeville and Dufferin County. Our product and warehouse team has now reached 50 people and still feels like, and operates as, a close-nit team.
And we’re not afraid to tell you that preserving and growing our business into what it is today has been hard work. We had to re-write how we did business which meant collaborating deeper with our employees and making them the lead on decision-making. This is an achievement we are all very proud of.
What do our staff enjoy the most about working here?
- Our family-type atmosphere.
- Our team-oriented culture and approach to everyday operations.
- The clean, bright and comfortable work environment we’ve created.
- The variety of products we build and learning how these products are used by our clients.
- How accommodating we are to our employees’ personal needs and situations.
If you’re interested in working locally we hope you will consider Data Cable.
Our corporate culture centers around people. We believe that when you have the right people on your team, work is enjoyable, satisfying and business results are attained.
How do we find the right people for our team? Through:
- Offering continuous training and development to help people grow.
- Encouraging creativity and continuous improvement.
- Recognizing accomplishments, big or little.
- Sharing information freely, from profits to performance to customer feedback.
- Empowering employees to problem solve and design best build practices.
- Offering flexible hours.
- Giving attendance bonuses and profit sharing.
- Maintaining a safety conscientious workplace and a perfect record of zero workplace lost time accidents.
Visit our careers section to learn more about roles we are hiring for and how you can get in touch with us if there is something unique and special you believe you can bring to our team here in Orangeville.
We'd love to hear from you!