Why OEMs Outsource Their Interconnect Needs to Custom Cable Assembly Manufacturers
Posted on Mon, Mar 04, 2019
In today’s dynamic, challenging and highly competitive markets, it’s not ok to be ‘good enough’.
OEMs need every available advantage to remain competitive and keep business progressing forward (and upward).
Outsourcing is one of those advantages, especially when you pick the right outsourcing partner.
Long past are the days where OEMs retain 100% of the responsibility of manufacturing their own interconnection components and parts in-house, even their most complex builds. Why? This is a non-core function that brings huge challenges and costs, and often falls short of meeting business expectations and needs. Performing this work in-house requires:
- Specialized knowledge & expertise
- Skilled & experienced staff to design, build and test
- Ongoing investment in technology & equipment
- Inventory management
- Manufacturing space
To shift focus and attention back to running their business and what they do best, OEMs are outsourcing all (or part) of the design, production and assembly of their cable assemblies, wire harnesses, electro-mechanical assemblies and box builds to custom cable assembly manufacturing experts like Data Cable. Outsourcing enables OEMs to:
- Better manage budgets
- Reduce costs
- Improve quality, safety, reliability and efficiency
- Benefit from customized design that meets their unique and specific needs
- Regain control over their business by freeing up resources (money, people and time) to focus on what really matters
Why do OEMs Choose to Partner with Data Cable?
- We are a full-service custom cable assembly manufacturer with over 35 years’ experience.
- We have a proven track record of helping OEMs in a diverse range of industries, including Military, Medical, Satellite Technology, Mobile Computing and Industrial segments.
- We are speed to market experts who have built many enduring strategic partnerships with clients such as GDLS, Honeywell, GE, Bosch Rexroth and Bombardier.
- We have a dedicated team of highly skilled technicians and operators.
- We make recommendations that improve the quality, reliability and longevity of our customers’ designs.
- We are innovative and invest in modern technology & equipment so that we can offer a wide range of services and capabilities, like overbraiding, wire marking, wire processing and lead making, to fully meet our customer’s unique requirements in the most cost-effective way.
- We keep our promises because we understand how crucial on-time delivery is to our customer’s success.
- We build cable assemblies in complete compliance with regulatory & environmental requirements and safety standards.
- We are 100% committed to quality – every single wire and cable that we process is tested before it leaves our facility.
OEMs partner with Data Cable because we consistently build what they require to the highest quality, and we do it better than anyone else. How? Through the value-added services we make available to our OEM customers:
- Technical support: We can be reached for technical consultation whenever needed.
- Dedicated service: We promise total & complete satisfaction.
- Prototyping: We can provide rapid prototyping of custom assemblies & subassemblies, to our OEM customers.
- Reverse engineering: We can work with an OEM to create a Fit, Form, Function replacement.
- Kanban: We can replenish stock automatically based on any signals.
- Stocking agreement: We can build & hold inventory based on agreements with our OEM customers.
- Custom packaging: We can kit different assemblies to arrive at correct points on the line.
- Reusable packaging: If required by an OEM, reusable packaging is available.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you with your interconnect needs and challenges.