Our COVID-19 Response -- A Message from our President
Posted on Wed, Mar 25, 2020
At Data Cable, the safety and well-being of our employees, customers, supplier partners and community continue to be our primary focus.
It is crucial during this difficult, unprecedented time, that we all maintain open lines of communication, which is the intent of this letter to you, and all subsequent communications.
First and most importantly, The Data Cable Co. Inc., is considered an essential service and a critical part of the Canadian OEM infrastructure.
We have been closely and carefully monitoring the rapidly changing global COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation and will continue to do so. We are adhering to the directives, advice and recommendations of our leading health authorities and local governments.
In addition to our existing rigorous healthy & safety policies and procedures, we have undertaken additional proactive steps to further create a safe work environment for our employees and safeguard our customers, supplier partners and community. These actions include:
- Implemented social distancing by expanding the distance between employees, where possible.
- For employees able to work from home, systems are in place for them to do so.
- Increased ongoing communication with our employees about the importance and necessity of hygiene, self-isolation and social distancing to help slow and stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Increased the cleaning and disinfection of our full facility.
- Staff are required to wash their hands effectively upon entering and exiting our facilities, in addition to wiping down all touch points with provided disinfectant products.
- Staff who do not feel well are required to remain at home and self-isolate for a minimum of 14 days.
- Employees who have returned from any travel outside Ontario are required to self-isolate for a minimum of 14 days.
- All company travel has been temporarily banned unless approved by the President.
- Visitors are prohibited from coming into the facility unless approved by on-site management.
- Deliveries and shipments to and from our facility are still accepted, however delivery personnel are not permitted to enter our facility.
- We are maintaining close contact with our suppliers and communicating transparently so that we are aware of any challenges and are working with them to find optimal solutions.
We are 100% committed to monitoring this ever-evolving situation, and adapting our processes, protocols and business operations, as COVID-19 directives and recommendations evolve from the Public Health Agency of Canada, the World Health Organization, and our governments. We will advise you with any further updates as changes emerge.
We thank everyone for your ongoing trust and support as we manage, and together navigate, the global COVID-19 crisis.
Take care and stay safe.
The Data Data Cable Co. Inc.